Life change happens when you commit to a relationship with God, and surrender “your” way of doing things.
- God is not simply asking you to follow some rules, He wants a relationship with you.
- Jesus doesn’t say do, He says done. He say’s come. Come into a relationship with Me.
- To come to God is to trust Him. It is to say, “Not my will be done, but Your will be done.”
Life change happens when you commit to getting well rather than pretending to be well.
- God doesn’t ask you to be good…to be something you are not. He asks you to be honest.
- He didn’t come for those who are “good”…He came for those who know they are not good!
- Getting well is not about working harder, it’s about asking for help.
- How do you get well?
- You can commit to these four things:
- Commit to admit – “I am powerless to change” (Romans 7:18).
- Commit to dependence – “God, I can’t, but You can” (Galatians 5:16).
- Commit to confession – Declare that you are not well, in particular to someone who can help and walk you through change. (1 John 1:9; James 5:16).
- Commit to repentance, or turning in the opposite direction – Repentance is not avoiding the wrong things, it is pursuing God, and the right things. (Romans 6:12-14).
Life change happens when you commit to becoming who you are intended to be.
- Life is better when you live in a relationship with God and then be free to become.
- The word “church” isn’t even in the Bible. “Ekklesia” however, is a group of people called out to work together for a specific purpose…this is community, where people work together for common goals and the common well-being of one another.
- You were not created to live this life alone. And if you do, you will fail.
This is an outline of how Shannon and many others have discovered lasting, life transforming change. It looks a little different for each person. It’s not exactly the same as our life stories are different. Our grasp of who God is is different. But rest assured, He looks at all of us the same way.
He invites all of us to come to Himself, know Him, find peace, Godfidence, Joy and contentment. This posturing sets us up to become all He intended, do all He intended, and help others to do the same.
Matthew 11:28-30 The Message (MSG)
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”