What Matters Most?

From achievement and adventure to wisdom and wonder, not to mention kindness, innovation, and professionalism, values are those things you deem important in life. Expressions of what you care about, they profoundly inform what you pursue day to day, year to year. In so doing, they fundamentally shape the trajectory of your whole life. Whatever values you subscribe... Continue Reading →

Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say

Behavioral styles tell us that only about 18% of the population score high on the scale that favors assertiveness and dealing with things head on. These are people who thrive on conflict, will say what they think, don’t care who they offend (at times) and are bold in their approach. The remaining 82% of the population tends... Continue Reading →

All is Grace

“My message, unchanged for more than fifty years, is this: God lovesyou unconditionally, as you are and not as you should be, becausenobody is as they should be. It is the message of grace…A gracethat pays the eager beaver who works all day long the same wagesas the grinning drunk who shows up at ten... Continue Reading →

Does Life Owe You Something?

We live in a culture that barrages us with images of a life that all smart, attractive, successful, or otherwise good people are entitled to live. It’s a life of wealth, great sex, physical beauty, perfect careers, adoring relationships, great health, abundant comfort and lots of blissful photos online to prove it. Because of this,... Continue Reading →

Limiting Beliefs

"As a Man Believes in his heart, so he is." "We learn our belief systems as very little children, and then we move through life creating experiences to match our beliefs. Look back in your own life and notice how often you have gone through the same experience." –Louise L. Hay Start unearthing your own... Continue Reading →

Work in Progress

WE ARE ALL WORKS IN PROCESS Committing fully to the step of taking our own thoughts captive means accepting, that the task of discovering who we really are, how we have been limiting ourselves, and how we can best learn and grow in our lives is an ongoing business, something that is never complete. We... Continue Reading →

Value and Values

How do we establish values? Where does it begin? Do we adopt them from an external source like a job, a social group, a church? Or do they realy come from within? I would suggest that it is both/and. Why? We may come into an environment where certain values are presented, or I may have... Continue Reading →

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑